Thursday, December 6, 2012

035: Thoughts Thursday: Try it.

I am a child of the nineties. My fond memories of school lunch included Dunkaroo's and Mondos. Capri Suns still bring back a flood of happiness. Don't get me started on Lunchables. And then they started making pizza ones too? A can of Dr. Pepper on a hot summer day after running around at the park with my siblings. Sweet tea and Ritz crackers with cheese. Ok. Getting too excited. 

We could say, "You ate that and you're fine."

Who wants to be "fine." Really. Think about it.


Maybe it's just me, but I want excellent. Spectacular. Fantastic.


I also want delicious. Scrumptious. Yummy in my tummy.

I battle allergies, soreness, and exhaustion. I can blame my 7 month old for some of the deprived sleep, but I've always felt tired. I'm tired of being tired. I'm tired of thinking feeling "just fine" is fine. For me, it isn't. Not anymore.

I've been thinking about what I eat. I've heard "food is fuel." I've heard "you are what you eat." I've heard "I deserve this." I've heard myself say each of those a few times. Last night my husband told me he wanted to change what we eat too. I think I could have jumped to the moon I was so happy. So, as a family, for our son, for our future as a couple, for our health...

I'm learning. I'm reading. I'm listening.

So, here's the thought I'd share today:


My mom and I are participating in a CSA at Real Food Farms in Brentwood, TN.
This is a shot from when we picked up our half-share yesterday.


There's my food in the distance, growing.
I love that.


blessings, sgym

No comments:

Post a Comment