Tuesday, November 27, 2012

030: let's be jolly '12, The 5 Gift Rule

Have you heard of the "Five Gift Rule" for Christmas? I recently stumbled across it in my many Pinterest wanderings and thought it was BRILLIANT. I want to make family, friends, and the time spent together the focus. I really do want Jesus to be The Reason For the Season in my household! This makes SO MUCH SENSE to me! Are you ready? It's awesome.



Something you want, 
Something you need,
Something to wear,
Something to read,
And something homemade.

Right? Isn't that awesome? Well. It simplified my Christmas so beautifully this year. It's little man's first Christmas and, quite frankly, I don't have the budget to spend a ton of money on him. And, really, will he remember it? No. I will though. I want to remember the fun traditions we are starting as a family (more on that in future posts!) and the awesome winter and holiday activities that happen in December! I have no more stressing about Christmas shopping for my boy, it's all done!

So, what did I get him? Well, I'm glad you asked! (ha.)







SOMETHING YOU WANT: A Melissa and Doug wooden rainbow stacker toy. Right? Perfect. Bright, works on motor skills, and doesn't require batteries. LOVE.
SOMETHING YOU NEED: A toothbrush. Can't deny it. My baby will need this soon. (Now?)
SOMETHING TO WEAR: Found this adorable one-toothed dino hat at Gymboree. It's a size 2T for my 7 month old. Big heads run in the family (both sides).
SOMETHING TO READ: The storytime lady at Barnes and Noble highly recommended this book to a friend and I for our little ones. I found it in the sale/clearance section at TJ Maxx. Jackpot.

But wait, where is the something homemade? It's coming. Naturally, hubs and I are still working on it. Everything is bought for it, but not assembled. Hey, homemade takes time! 

What are your gift traditions? Do you blow your budget every year? Are you just ready for it all to be over?

blessings, sgym

No comments:

Post a Comment